In my book cover I had two images that describe Holden more
than the book, however the book is mostly about Holden so I think this would be
a good front and back cover.
On my front cover I have a boy representing Holden with a
big question mark towards three different doors, this image represents Holden’s
life, because he never knows what to do or were to go. As he says when he gets
to New York into the cab he is traveling incognito. Which means he doesn’t have
a placer were wants to go and doesn’t care much to find a place. The big question mark on his head also
represents the lack of decision he has, he doubts a lot and often he will find
himself into a place were he wont know what’s happening.
On my back cover I drew a guy holding a mask, about to wear it.
I think this mask can represent the fact that he is really double faced and
when he is with his roommates or other people he will “wear this mask” and try
to be the tuff guy that doesn’t care about life or the bad moments that he has
had to go trough. When he finds himself by his on in the story he takes this
mask off and let us see whom he really is. When he opens up to his true
character we can see that he is not the negative shameless guy that he tries to
be, but he cares and also see good stuff about people, places and objects. For
example when he cries because he was leaving pency prep. Or when he was walking
in New York saying the “yellow” guy he was.
As I mentioned before my two covers have more to do with
Holden than with the them, but I think is a good way to represent the book,
because by knowing the main character we know what can we expect from the
novel.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario